Dec 2014 I ordered a Frasier Fir and when I put it up last weekend, one set of lights was completely out.I called BH and was put on hold for over 20 min both times.

The service rep and I worked on various solutions but none worked. He said he would put in a request for another set of lights, which came in a few business days but the strand had 3 wires instead of 2, obviously for a larger tree then the one I had. I had to replace the old set with the new set which took took an hour and wasn't easy because the original lights are fastened to branches. The new lights worked for 30 minutes and then completely died.

I called BH again and asked them to send a new tree because the first one was defective right out of the box and although I tried to be agreeable and waited for the replacement set of lights ,they only lasted 30 minutes, so I knew there must be a larger problem The customer service rep said he did not think they would replace the tree but he would put a request into the warranty department but unfortunately they only work Mon-Fri. I then asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor said they would not send out a replacement tree but I could PAY FOR another tree, send my tree back AND THEN they would credit me for my damaged tree. Now mind you, there is only one weekend before Christmas left.

I am in the customer service business and I can't say I have ever been treated so poorly. I suggested to the supervisor that BH handle defective merchandise like Amazon, the company sends out a replacement and the customer has 30 days to get it back to the company or they will be charged.

I think Amazon policy makes sense for both the customer(who should come first) and the company.You know what they supervisor 's response was,"Well, we aren't Amazon."

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Product or customer service, Defective merchandise.

Had an Experience with Balsam Hill?

Comments

On their commercials it states there trees have a 10 year warranty I guess they lied

#920025