We purchased a 9ft "Baby Redwood Flip-tree" from Balsam Hill and loved it when we first purchased it. However, when we put it up the second year we noticed that it had a 10 degree slant and that the safety strap at the bottom of the tree wouldn't close.

After working with customer service for almost 6 hours to find out what was wrong and get some resolution, they finally offered a warranty replacement of the tree, but not until next fall. (Seriously?!?!) They literally suggested that we use duct tape or velcro in the meantime to ensure the tree didn't collapse and fall on one of us or our children. I spent another two hours on the phone with one of their service managers for resolution, all to no effect.

For a company offering premium products for premium prices, their approach to customer service is horrendous. DO NOT BUY.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $1200. BFlowTree is overall dissatisfied with Balsam Hill and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Balsam Hill.

Check out the best and the worst companies in E-commerce category for more informed decision or compare Balsam Hill to other companies on our site.

Comments

I purchased one on eBay for $84 w/free ship, 5yr warranty, and candlelights. We bought a corded dimmer switch because the lights were so bright it was like having the sun in the living room.

Lol! Anyway it was an ez set up. I fluffed it out, decorated it, and it is beautiful.

I don't think it's worth $499 retail, but I guess the company does,due to the light system, and work that goes into making it. I live the foot pedal idea.

No bending over to plug in or unplug it. It holds my heavier Wallace silver bells that would have collapsed a real tree. I also just installed new hardwoods and did not want to run the risk of water warping the new wood.

I kind of miss having a real tree though, but.

always hated to see trees at the curb the day after Christmas. This one is a Colorado Blue Spruce 6.5'.

I can always sell it if I want to go back to a live tree, but it seems like such a waste to throw it away.

One thing I know is that only God can make a tree, but Balsam Hill gave it their best shot! Merry Christmas!