1.1K views

Last year when we opened our newly purchased artificial Balsam Hill fir tree the offensive plastic odor was overwhelming. I thought it would subside after the tree was aired out for a day or two.

Not so! Not only did it smell terrible, but this artificial tree was much more time consuming than if we had put up a real tree and not as attractive after hours of messing with it. We had to keep this Balsam Hill fir tree closed up in our front entryway because it made the entire front rooms of our home reek with the terrible odor. Yesterday we visited our local tree farm as we have done in the years past.

Had a great time even though it was freezing out. This tree smells and looks wonderful. Balsam Hill should be ashamed to have a business that misleads customers regarding the products they are purchasing. And these artificial trees are quite expensive.

I thought we would have the tree for years to come and that would make up for the expense. Our Balsam Hill tree will be in our next garage sale and we will tell anyone who is interested that it has an terrible odor!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

I am having the same problem. With my last artificial tree I didn't have terrible odors. I'm so upset because it's in my d

Redwood City, California, United States #910592

We're sorry for the inconvenience caused by the smell of your tree. Sometimes Christmas trees tend to have the residual smell of plastic, but the smell should gradually decrease over the days.

If the odor remains strong after a week, you can discreetly hang an air freshener in the foliage or place a box of charcoal under your tree to absorb the smell. Alternatively, you can use scented ornaments to lessen the odor and make your tree smell more pleasant.

to Alice Hughes #925128

Haha I guess you will have to get that "new tree" scent. Lol hang an air freshener.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've herd. And charcoal?

Your kids would really think they were bad if the saw they got coal on Christmas.