2.8
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

We purchased a tree from Balsam Hill early in December. When it arrived, the remote did not work.

I called them and they sent out a new one which arrived about 10 days later. It was getting close to Christmas but at least we had a remote. Unfortunately, this one did not work either. On the third try we were told that they were out of remotes and would send one when they came in.

I took apart one of the remotes. They are made in single sided circuit boards, which is not a reliable method. Double sided is much better for through-hole parts, which is what they are using. I wanted to do a little troubleshooting, but the RF received chip is made by an obscure company in China and does not publish data sheets, so I have no clue as to how it is supposed to work.

It is now late January and we still don't have a working remote and no clue as to when #3 might arrive. Hopefully it will be here by next Christmas.

Their products are cheap and their customer service is very poor. Find another company to buy a tree from.

Product or Service Mentioned: Balsam Hill Bh Balsam Fir Christmas Tree.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Tree is nice but would be nicer if the lights worked.

I didn't like: Remotes are poorly designed, Customer service is very poor.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 24.

Comments