I was a first time customer of Balsam Hill and now, no longer a customer of Balsam Hill.The tree I ordered was received promptly; however, it was defective.

Both the remote receiver unit connected to the light strings, and the color light string did not work. I called customer service and talked to a gentleman who help me diagnose the problems and said he would get approval to send out a replacement tree immediately. I didn't hear anything for a couple of days so I called customer service again and was able to talk with a very nice lady after waiting about 30 minutes for a call back. She indicated they could not replace the tree now as it was sold out but she would be very happy to provide me with a similar tree for an additional $300.

Hmmm...seems they are happy to make more money off a defective product rather than create a satisfied customer. I kindly thanked her but said no. The product itself was in their "most realistic" line and looked beautiful when set up. Set up itself was very easy.

Interestingly, when I called the shipper to arrange pickup for the return, they indicated that I was one of many customers returning trees to Balsam Hill. I would say they are having a problem they don't want to make public or deal with regarding their products.

I certainly won't buy from them again.First and last time.

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Balsam Hill. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Balsam Hill.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Auctions and Internet Stores category for more informed decision or compare Balsam Hill to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Balsam Hill?

Comments

Pearl River, New York, United States #1249866

I have the exact same problem. Just grieve the charge through your credit card. They'll get slammed for this fraud eventually.