Balsam Hill 11'Fraiser Fir Christmas Tree Full clear+color Lights -Musty-Moldy- lights not working at top- center Post is visible and you can see all through due to not enough stems
This tree arrived and as we were putting it up I kept smelling a moldy -musty smell!After 3 1/2 hours of two adults putting it up and fluffing , I was certain it had been stored in a Damp Warehouse by Balsam Hill.
The 2 shipping boxes arrived were filthy w dust. Also after hours of fluffing the tree is skimpy at the center Post no matter how much you fluff. This center Post is really visible and looks cheap. You can see holes all through the top of it, very poor quality.
It was 1600.00 and I promise you it looks like Home Depot which is fine if it were 500.00. It stinks every time you walk by like a mildewed basement and when I called Customer Service, they said to air it outside for a few days so I said it's 11" tall! So I gave it a week and it still smells strongly . I asked if I could jus place a new separate order for a new tree a Vermont spruce (supposedly fuller) for 2,000.00 and pay for it in full.
As a new order it would ship right away within 3 days. Then they could mail me separate return labels and I could take this down and return the moldy tree for a credit, well no. In order for them to cover return shipping -you can't get shipping label unless it is an exchange. That means I would be getting the new tree after they mail me a shipping label, I then mail back the old tree and they process my return, then they will ship out the exchanged tree.
Ugh. It is Nov. 24, now I am sure it would take 3-4 weeks for this process. I just wanted to order and pay for a second tree period.
Then just return this moldy one and they could refund it. Really helpful right? So, I am returning this mildew infused tree with a whole upper section of lights out. I am going to buy a tree tomorrow from Hobby Lobby or a real one.
Buyer beware.Do Not Buy Anything you cannot see. Or this difficult to return in the event of a defect. Their ads are really misleading marketing in my opinion. They were not helpful and sent me a defective product, offered No Supoort at all.
Not even to fix the lights! Customer Service is an oxymoron at BH - they have nice young people who are instructed Not To Help you Solve a Problem.
Just like Cable Companies.i am so bummed.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Dear Sir/Maddam: I have recently ran across a DS company that goes by the name The Wagon Wheel Company. Website: www.wagonwheelcompany.com Face: www.facebook.com/thewagonwheelcompany Owner: Stacy..."
- "Dresses are knock offs poor quality and stitching was already coming undone and dress was see through. Paid $33.60 for a dress wanted to return for a refund said they..."
- "I will be attaching three documents pertaining to the way EBAY handles members complaints & what they do not do about it. I hate calling being on hold for ages..."
- "I have been on hold for over 40 min to make a reservation. I keep hearing the recording they "know my time is valuable... Still holding......."
- "They claimed I won but easily started feeling as it was a scam. Claimed I won 100,000 in jewlery and 10,000 in cash. Just $50. After he realized I wasn't..."
- "I thought it was bad when Walgreens could not even transcribe a prescription correctly for the label on the bottle, they have shown they are even more inept at the..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."
- "I always had a dream to buy one of the Lexus RX350 Model i bought this SUV used from Lexus dealership Hartford Connecticut and is one of the worst dealership..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."