Balsam Hill 11'Fraiser Fir Christmas Tree Full clear+color Lights -Musty-Moldy- lights not working at top- center Post is visible and you can see all through due to not enough stems
This tree arrived and as we were putting it up I kept smelling a moldy -musty smell!After 3 1/2 hours of two adults putting it up and fluffing , I was certain it had been stored in a Damp Warehouse by Balsam Hill.
The 2 shipping boxes arrived were filthy w dust. Also after hours of fluffing the tree is skimpy at the center Post no matter how much you fluff. This center Post is really visible and looks cheap. You can see holes all through the top of it, very poor quality.
It was 1600.00 and I promise you it looks like Home Depot which is fine if it were 500.00. It stinks every time you walk by like a mildewed basement and when I called Customer Service, they said to air it outside for a few days so I said it's 11" tall! So I gave it a week and it still smells strongly . I asked if I could jus place a new separate order for a new tree a Vermont spruce (supposedly fuller) for 2,000.00 and pay for it in full.
As a new order it would ship right away within 3 days. Then they could mail me separate return labels and I could take this down and return the moldy tree for a credit, well no. In order for them to cover return shipping -you can't get shipping label unless it is an exchange. That means I would be getting the new tree after they mail me a shipping label, I then mail back the old tree and they process my return, then they will ship out the exchanged tree.
Ugh. It is Nov. 24, now I am sure it would take 3-4 weeks for this process. I just wanted to order and pay for a second tree period.
Then just return this moldy one and they could refund it. Really helpful right? So, I am returning this mildew infused tree with a whole upper section of lights out. I am going to buy a tree tomorrow from Hobby Lobby or a real one.
Buyer beware.Do Not Buy Anything you cannot see. Or this difficult to return in the event of a defect. Their ads are really misleading marketing in my opinion. They were not helpful and sent me a defective product, offered No Supoort at all.
Not even to fix the lights! Customer Service is an oxymoron at BH - they have nice young people who are instructed Not To Help you Solve a Problem.
Just like Cable Companies.i am so bummed.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- " I have been a loyal going to be customer since September 2013!! I received a coupon the other day for take an EXTRA 35% off at home clothes..."
- "BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. A SELLER SOLD ME A WATCH AND WHEN IT ARRIVED IT WAS NOT EVEN THE SAME WATCH, NOR WAS IT AUTHENTIC. I RETURNED IT TO TRADESY AND..."
- "I ordered a "MANGO BAG" last January 28, 2016 thru Lazada. My item was delivered yesterday morning (February 1). I was really disappointed with the item I bought. I messaged the..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "I purchase a box of scented trash bags from GLAD. Every single trash bag was defective, leaving garbage juice to leak all over my kitchen floor. Worse yet, I'm pregnant..."
- "For over a month and a half at my home in Charlotte, NC , USIC has been sitting in the parking area for hours, sometimes never getting out of trucks,..."
- "I have been on hold for over 40 min to make a reservation. I keep hearing the recording they "know my time is valuable... Still holding......."
- "I thought it was bad when Walgreens could not even transcribe a prescription correctly for the label on the bottle, they have shown they are even more inept at the..."
- "They claimed I won but easily started feeling as it was a scam. Claimed I won 100,000 in jewlery and 10,000 in cash. Just $50. After he realized I wasn't..."