1.7K views

Open Letter to Balsam Hill - sent per Email and Fax:

Many thanks for contacting me back. I’m very disappointed about your comments and statements. It is rather obvious that your firm does not care about their customers (which already reflects on many websites) and worse - your products! Your suggestion that I should keep purchasing new light bulbs does not make any sense, considering the fact that there is something wrong with the electrical wiring of the tree (fire hazard?) - which is what I conveyed to you today in detail. It might be normal for you (but certainly not for me) that the small “paper color dots” on the connectors fall off by themselves. Why don’t you invest 50 cents more per tree to color code it the “correct way” instead of telling your customers to it themselves, which is what you told me today.

You declined my offer to return the tree to your shop in Burlingame for repair, despite me offering to pay for that service. Your staff laughed at me this morning when I asked if you would have a “trade in scheme” for cases like this, which, considering the quality of your products would make sense - unless of course you don’t care about your products and consumers.

Clearly, I would have expected that there would be some sort of concern or at least some form of empathy on your end when someone is buying an artificial Christmas tree for $ 1,200 - which stops working after 3 seasons. You advertise your trees as "most luxurious and realistic looking artificial Christmas trees around”. However, based on my experience and on the experience of many other customers they are not worth the money. Other products manufactured in the Philippines do not have such quality issues.

I will follow the advise of your colleague, who suggested to me this morning that I should throw the tree away. One last thing, please stop sending me your catalogues as I will never buy your products again and can most certainly not recommend your products to anyone.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Redwood City, California, United States #868674

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience and for your valuable feedback. Our sincerest apologies for the product issues that you are having with your tree and for any disappointment with the way your concern was handled by our staff.

We are sincerely sorry, but we highly encourage our customers to follow our complete return and exchange policies stated here - http://www.balsamhill.com/returns.asp. There is a designated address that will receive these items, thus the refusal to accept your tree in our Burlingame store.

Please send us your Order ID via social@balsamhill.com so we can review the conversation you had with our customer service representatives and help find a resolution for your issues including your subscription with our catalogue.

We’ve forwarded your specific feedback to our Product Development team regarding the color coding of our tree’s lights as this will help us improve our products and our customers’ experience. Please let us know if we can further assist you in any way.